The Center for Medicare Advocacy, in its Washington, DC office, hosts interns interested in health policy. The Center hosts two interns per summer and several during the academic school year. Summer internships come with a small stipend; those during the school year are for academic credit only. All positions offer tremendous first-hand experience in health law. All applicants should have completed at least one year of law school or an equivalent graduate program.
Read about the internship position as presented by some of our former interns.
- Mario Ramsey – Health Policy Intern
- Sophia Schechner – Health Policy Intern
- Summer 2013 Intern
- Ariel Zieg, Health Policy Intern
- Stuart Sherman, Health Policy Intern
- Paul V. Turaew, Health Policy Intern
- Candace Hill, Health Policy Intern
- Diana Ibrahim, Health Policy Intern
- Katerina Horska, Health Policy Intern
- Christine Fung, Health Policy Intern
- Gilly Knox, Health Policy Intern
- Jamie Levitt, Undergraduate Machon Kaplan Intern
- Marisa Cevasco, AMSA Health Policy Fellow
- Jessica Sperling, Health Policy Intern
The Center for Medicare Advocacy, Inc. has opportunities for internships for law students or health policy students in its Washington, D.C. office. Interns can expect to engage in a full range of activities including conducting research and writing memoranda, attending hearings and briefings on Capitol Hill, participating with staff in coalition meetings and assisting with research for publications. Attorneys supervise the students with whom they are working; students can receive from staff the support necessary to participate in work-study opportunities from their schools.
The office, staffed by attorneys, engages in legislative and administrative advocacy and litigation at the federal level, on Medicare, Medicaid, nursing home quality and enforcement and related issues concerning access to high quality health care. Project staff most often work in collaboration with other organizations with similar interests.
Please send a cover letter describing your interest in the Center and resume by December 1, 2013 to Alfred Chiplin, Center for Medicare Advocacy, Inc., 1025 Connecticut Ave., NW Suite 709, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 293-5760 ext. 100. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.