The Center for Medicare Advocacy is seeking a staff member for immediate, full-time position as part of our document and office flow team.
HOURS: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The individual in this position is expected to provide essential support in keeping the organization's paperwork and files organized and up-to-date. This person will also be responsible for sending time-sensitive outgoing appeals and other documentation. He or she will be responsible for high volume processing, including photocopying, scanning, filing and pulling of files, and other projects as necessary. This person will be responsible for fulfilling the duties of the Documents Coordinator when they are out of the office.
- Processes and sends outgoing appeals which includes but is not limited to scanning, photocopying, faxing, and filing
- Organization and maintenance of files, records, and other documents
- Receive, record in document management system & Scan decisions
- Receive, Copy & File acknowledgments & other appeal information
- Pull files to be read & Reviewed by advocates
- Close cases based on advocates review
- Answering telephone calls regarding documents questions as needed
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with all office tasks not specified above, as needed.
- Assist, as necessary, in developing the Center’s delivery of excellent services and in growing its reputation as an outstanding, responsive leader in advancing access to Medicare, quality health care, and defending the rights of older people and people with disabilities.
- Assist in assuring the entire organization, and the DC Office in particular, runs smoothly and effectively.
- Other related responsibilities, as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be able to handle a large volume of paperwork and have good communication, teamwork, and organizational skills. Word processing and data entry experience required. Multi-line telephone experience preferred. The individual must be detail-oriented, thorough, accurate and reliable.
CONFIDENTIALITY: This individual shall ensure the confidentiality of information regarding the organization's projects, employees, clients, and funding at all times, before and after employment with the Center.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: The individual in this position must be willing to adhere to all safety rules and procedures. It is expected the individual will perform all duties in a safe manner and verify procedures with supervisors before undertaking any risky activity.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to retrieve records from shelves, cabinets, drawers or boxes at various heights. The employee is required to use basic office equipment. The employee will be required to lift boxes and stacks of files weighing up to 50 pounds. The employee may need to sit or stand for long periods of time. The employee will be required to read information from a computer screen and make notes regarding said information.
Please send resume to:
Center for Medicare Advocacy
P.O. Box 350, Willimantic, CT 06226